Monday, February 2, 2015

Miss you Bree

I wanted to post what I said on the announcements today because I feel like she has made a big impact on my life and I know she has for so many others. It's hard to say everything she is and was in one 3 minute speech. When I was reading this I could not even handle myself, I tried to "stay strong" but sometimes it's okay to cry and that's what I immediately did when I hung up that phone after this announcement. I cry for A LOT of things but this is different. There is times where I cry so much and then there are times where I just sit in a numb stage and then there are times where I laugh at the stupid shit she did or the memories we had together...


"Good Morning Warriors!
This is your ASB President, Jhaicelle Laron. If you haven’t heard we lost a fellow senior warrior over the weekend, Breanna Nicole Rodriguez, who was born July 18th 1997 and passed on Friday, January 30th 2015 in a car accident after the RHS & PV Basketball game. Her family & friends on Saturday had a Benefit BBQ and Candle Light Vigil so if you went to these events, Thank you she would have loved that! If you didn’t know her you sure lost a great chance to meet such an amazing person. Some might remember her running for Homecoming Queen on the Homecoming Court or her selling those slutty brownies that she wasn’t suppose to be selling or her being such a positive light in others. Some activities she was doing was being a member of the AVID class, planning the Senior Trip to Yosemite,was going to Africa this summer to help people in need and if you have ever been to Applebee’s she worked there too. Bree or Bree the G some might have called her, was a young women who always smiled and was one of the most caring people I knew. She had the brains and the beauty. When you saw her she radiated full of energy. You felt loved and never alone around her. She prayed and loved everyone! She wanted to better mankind and travel the world. She was busy body Bree! Here is something she wrote “When I daydream of my future, I see myself walking through nature so beautiful it makes you want to cry, I see myself feeding laughter and smiles to the people suffering in different countries and I also see myself happy as I find the beauty in the overwhelming diversity of life. I witness in each and every different country, town, and family.” As her fellow classmate for 4 years now, I can not say that I was close with her but we did have some great memories whether it was having classes with her, seeing her randomly on the weekends, or just seeing her smiling in the halls. We are all gonna miss this angel. One of her close friends received a picture frame that said “ A friend is a hand that is always holding yours, no matter how close or far apart you may be. A friend is a feeling of forever in the heat.” Even though she is not with us today she will always be a friend. So today at lunch we are going to have an open mic for anyone to say some kind words or memories about Breanna. If you aren’t already wearing red, yellow, or green we are doing this in memory of Breanna. We love you Bree and you will still be graduating on stage with the Class of 2015. Please send condolences to her family and friends. We will also let people put flowers and items on the senior table in memory of her. And there is a gofundme site that people can donate money to her family in their time of need, if you want to help go to her gofundme site titled “In Honor Of Breanna Nicole Rodriguez”. Please everyone drive safely this is not something to take lightly.

So let’s take a few moments of silence in memory of her.

A tweet from her twitter said “God might let you bend but he won’t let you break.” Even though this is not something we wanted to happen, Breanna was a religious young lady and she wouldn’t want this to break any of us. Please keep that positive spirit she possessed and keep going. Have fun resting in thug mansion Bree, we will always remember you, Rest in Paradise. See ya later."

No comments:

Post a Comment