Sunday, January 11, 2015

Masterpiece update!


  • Describe your topic;
My topic is women leaders (types, strategies, fashions, clothing)
  • Explain how you came to be interested in your topic and why you care about it so much;
I am interested in my topic because when I grow older I hope to be a great leader like the ones that came before. Equality for both men and women is what I and others achieve for and I think doing my masterpiece on just women leaders will show me how to become successful in my own life. Including the fashion/clothing side to this project will help me because I would like to major in Fashion Merchandising/Business in college and would love to become a buyer for a well known store or CEO of my own company. 
  • Predict how learning about this topic will enrich your life and provide value for learners and others in your community who read/see what you do;
Learning about this topic for me I hope I learn what type of leader I am right now and how I want to enrich myself with  other qualities & knowledge. I hope for others in my community who see my masterpiece, I hope they get a sense of who I am and what I want to become and see my thinking process. 
  • List the academic disciplines and/or skills the topic requires (for example, game development requires an understanding of psychology, math, coding, literature, music, history/social studies, and many others);
I think some topics that my masterpiece with entail is literature, business skills, public speaking, computer knowledge, journalism, media, communication, gender studies, human history, feminist philosophy, arts, fashion design, etc. 
  • Map out how you will begin learning about your topic (it's OK if you don't have a formal plan yet-- in fact, learning how to make a plan in this area may well be your first step);
-Make tumblr specifically for this project
-Find women leaders that I idol and reach out to them 
-Blog about my findings/Learn how to use the internet & technology better 
  • Describe the resources you will need (wave the magic wand I just handed you and imagine for a moment that time, money and access are not obstacles. Who do you want to meet?  What materials do you need?  What types of experiences will you seek?);
I want to record and picture the people I meet and be able to put them on my blog like "interviews," so I will need to find a camera that I can use on my own. I don't really want to get someone who does video because I feel like it would be harder to find time to do the things I want to do in a timely manner. I want to find people that I admire so I need to do that on my own, but maybe suggesting people that I would find interesting will help. 
  • Consider which tools you will use to tell your story.  Will you continue posting on your course blog?  Will you start a new blog, and if you do, will it be on Blogger, or WordPress, or Tumblr, or another platform?  Will you use other media and collaborative tools to curate, remix, and share your learning?  Do you have ideas about what would be cool but you're not sure what's out there? 
I will make a different blog (tumblr) specifically for this project. I really want to do an online "fashion show" type of thing that I would just keep adding on to on my blog. 

More of my ideas : 

http://jhaicellelaron.blogspot.com/2014/11/masterpiece-2.html


No comments:

Post a Comment