Thursday, December 11, 2014

Teenage angst just like Hamlet. maybe.

Today in class I was reminded of the phrase "Teenage Angst." I was compelled to the words because it had so much meaning today and possibly everyday not only my teenage life but also when I grow older. The definition of teenage angst on Urban Dictionary because it was the first site that came up while writing this post had the definition. The definition that Urban Dictionary gave me was "When teenagers, for any number of reasons combined with their hormones and stress from school, get depressed. Contrary to popular belief, some teenagers actually do have it rough and have to deal with shit most adults don't have to. Other teens don't and just like to pretend they do. Either way, everyone has a right to be pissed off." Of course on Urban Dictionary anybody can put their own definition on but I think that definition was spot on, just not the adult part. I believe that we are all going to have problems and today was just one of those days that EVERYTHING that could possible be bought up got brought up; family, "friends" or maybe let's call them peers, and everything came colliding in like you are trapped under a rock and you can't get help. We all do have problems whether if it's fighting your own internal battle or the one in the real world, but sometimes my problems seem bigger than anybody else's. I am not typing this post for anyone to feel pity, but I thought this post was so relevant for everything that life is throwing at us today, tomorrow, and yesterday. Life is hard and we all have teenage angst. It sucks.

No comments:

Post a Comment