Sunday, January 25, 2015

AP PREP POST 1: SIDDHARTHA

  1. If you were the river, would you be enlightenment or would you know enlightenment? In other words, what’s up with the river? What is it’s relation to enlightenment?
The passage didn't say anything about a river... I would need to read more into Siddhartha to find out. 
  1. What does enlightenment look like in Siddhartha? Is it a feeling? An attitude?
Enlightenment may look like a feeling an attitude, I think this passage shows that enlightenment is both feeling and attitude. 
  1. What purpose does self-denial serve in Siddhartha? What about self-indulgence?
The purpose of self-denial in this story shows that we are not perfect and to reach enlightenment you don't need to be perfect and same goes for self-indulgence. 

Cited: http://www.shmoop.com/siddhartha/questions.html
6. Siddhartha and Buddha both eventually attain Nirvana. However, the way that each achieves it is different. Explain the difference, relating this to the reason for Siddhartha's not following the Buddha.
I don't know how they both experienced Nirvana, I would have to read the actual story. 
7. What is the function of Kamala in the novel?
I don't know what Kamala is but I can look it up? 
Cited: http://www.cliffsnotes.com/literature/s/siddhartha/study-help/essay-questions
These questions show me that for an AP exam I really just need to know the basic principles of stories, but I need to know what those stories are! I need to see the obvious message. To master the AP exam I need to know my books. 

No comments:

Post a Comment