Thursday, September 18, 2014

SMART Goal & Time Investment Portfolio (TIP)

I did these 2 activities in my Honors English class sophomore year, so I am going to use them as examples and update & change them to my goal as of now. 

SMART Goals

Specific: My goal is to to a 4 year university, such as the colleges that are listed on this blog post http://jhaicellelaron.blogspot.com/2014/09/colleges-i-would-like-to-attend.html and major in Business.  I then would like to transfer or attend after my 4 years to the Fashion Institute of Design & Merchandising in Los Angeles. Some factors that came into play when making this my plan after High School is how close it was to home, the in-state tuition, and the location for what connections I want to make with different influential people. I also really want to have some sort of regular college experience and that is why I want to go to a 4 year before I go specific. I want to do something with fashion, maybe fashion stylist or buyer or grow my own successful company such as Sophia Amoruso!

Measurable: This is definitely something I want to do and I couldn't see myself doing anything else. Some things I will be doing to make this happen is try to get into a college and then to meet people that I could have connections with in the future. I will also for the fashion part that I already do is study my blogs, magazines, and books. I also might want to get a job at a clothing store.

Achievable: To obtain this I will need to start saving money, so I a have a job and I am some what saving money. I am also looking into scholarships and financial aid and if I really have to, I will be looking into student loans.

Reachable: When I say that I have accomplished my goal I will have a job in the fashion industry, but that will just mean that I finished this goal and others will be sure to come after this.

Timely: To get this goal accomplished I have already been shopping and looking at styles and trends everywhere from school, the streets, and the internet. I also have been buying and reading books on fashion, color theory, and fashion history. I am also subscribed to a lot of fashion magazines. I want to learn more about how to help different people with different personalities that want to be styled and helped with their fashion trends and clothing. This goal is so huge, I don't think I can predict the time.

T.I.P. 

I am now looking at my project for this from freshman year and man how much have I loaded up on work since then; a ton more ASB & Special Olympics responsibilities and I now have a job.

I believe I spend half of my time passing time (R + R, using the bathroom, sleeping, and traveling to place to place) and I can't really do anything about that because I need to do that. The other half of the time I then literally spend it selling time (going to school, getting something out of it). The other two categories of Giving Time and Spending Time is not in my life right now.

No comments:

Post a Comment