Thursday, September 18, 2014

MASTERPIECE 1

So i just posted a post about my masterpiece and big question but I think I should elaborate on it more than I already have. I wanted to talk about Sophia Amoruso the author of "#GIRLBOSS", I really have gotten to like her a lot. I found out about her because I followed the Nasty Gal Store social media sites and some celebrities that have worn their clothing and I searched her and she had an incredible story. She started a well known fashion store called Nasty Gal and was named the "Fastest Growing Retailer." She originally launched her online store on ebay in San Francisco selling old vintage pieces of clothing that she thought was authentic. She bought the clothes and items from second hand stores and even found an authentic Chanel jacket at a Salvation Army Store for $8 and sold it for more than $1000 and by 2007 she was known by 60,000 people. And get this Nasty Gal's first hire was through Craiglist!!! And all this information can be found on Nasty Gal's Wikipedia! Sophia Amoruso is the definition of what the all American dream looks like and she is definitely an inspiration & a role model to me. She captures all the three elements of what I want my masterpiece is going to be about: Feminists, Leadership, & Fashion. Her website says it all! http://girlboss.nastygal.com/foundation/ Her foundation is amazing and fashion sense is original! I need to just sit and look at her website when I have time but everything I've seen so far is incredible! So this relating to the masterpiece, I have no idea how she even relates to what I even want to do with my masterpiece but I think she is a great muse for thinking of what I can do with my masterpiece. I'M BUYING HER BOOK RIGHT NOW. WHOOP WHOOP.

No comments:

Post a Comment