Tuesday, October 14, 2014

“Unphotographable Phiction”



I love to take pictures of myself. Mainly because every time I want to take a picture my friends think they look bad so I usually just take a picture of myself. One time that I wish I could take a picture and could caption all the meaning and magic was when I went to New Jersey for the Special Olympics 2014 USA Games. Don’t get me wrong we took SO MANY pictures but in particular I wish I took a picture of the excitement of the athletes when they took off in a plane for the first time. I represented Southern California and our whole delegation took the plane together; mentors, athletes, their coaches, and me. Most of the athletes never flew on a plane before and it was their first time. They started cheering and clapping as the plane took off and I don’t think I’ve ever experienced anything like that before. The excitement and the butterflies of attending the Special Olympics 2014 USA Games in New Jersey was in it’s midst at that moment. I wish I had a picture of that moment but the memory will stick with me forever. 

No comments:

Post a Comment