Thursday, November 13, 2014

Masterpiece #1

I had a conversation with Dr. Preston today about our Master pieces and I wondered why he hasn't said anything about them this past month... Dr. Preston is of course a great teacher thinking of us all the time. He told me he wanted to not have us worry about the masterpieces until college application season died down, but knowing me of course I was worried I wasn't working on my masterpiece as much as other students.  So this is why I'm writing this post. I didn't know what my master piece would consist of and I still don't really know, but I know I want it to be about fashion, buisness, and leadership/feminism. Dr. Preston of course had ideas to tell me about. He showed me a tweet from a person named William Gibson, (screen shotted) and  it pretty much summed up what I want in a masterpiece. But what is my "physical"masterpiece going to be? He then came up with an idea of maybe at the end of this journey I could have a "Woman Leadership Fashion Show." The Fashion show would be awesome, but I don't think I can get all my women idols at one place and time. So it came to me that I want to do a blog on just this called "Meet the women of the future and what they're wearing" and you would basically follow me through my journey of understanding woman leadership. I would interview and meet the women I chose that I admire and write blog posts about them, put up pictures of them, have sites where you can get their leadership look, and maybe even videos. If you're reading this blog post, what do you think? 

1 comment:

  1. I think it would be pretty awesome if you went as far as to put on your own fashion show, creating the styles you see fit, following your idols examples, and using your friends and things you may already have to put it on, or even simply doing it virtually! I feel like you have a great idea and their seems to be a lot you can do and create with it. (:
    & thanks for posting this cause I was worried about masterpieces too!

    ReplyDelete